This Addressable Manual Call Point is designed for instant manual actuation of fire alarm system. This unit can be identified with its location pin pointed in the control panel and requires no manual reset. Clear flip cover is used to avoid the false intervention. Dual LED indicators ensure visibility and supervision. This aesthetically pleasing unit that blends in with elite interiors is also attention seeking for easy identification.
- Flip cover to avoid accidental activation
- No manual reset required
- Detailed location description settings
- Address can be changed from the panel
- Remote test facility from the panel
- Soft addressing
- Transient voltage protection upto 2.4KV
- Electrical supervision
- Blinking LED for visual supervision
- Attention seeking product design for easy identification
Operating voltage : 17-27V DC
Quiescent current : 200uA
Alarm current : 1mA
Altitude : 3000m(above MSL)
Normal : Green LED(Blinks during scan)
Alarm : Red LED(Glows steady)
Operating temperature : -10ºC to 55ºC
Storage temperature : 5ºC to 40ºC
Humidity : 0-95% RH(Non-condensing)
Color : Red
Compatibility : AUAA2X Protocol
Dimensions(HxW) : 120x120x48mm
What is a Manual Call Point?
Manual Call Points (MCP) are devices that are used to manually trigger the fire alarm system. It is to be used only after the confirmation of existence of fire in the building. They can also be used at the time of other potential threats such as terrorism, earthquakes etc. to alert the occupants for immediate evacuation.
Where & how should a Manual Call Points be installed?
MCPs should be installed at exit prone areas of the building that include staircases, escape routes, against main doors and corridors.
They should be positioned such that no person travels beyond 12 meters to activate the nearest call point. Or, there should be a maximum gap of 24 meters between two nearest call points.
They should also be mounted at a height of about 1.5 meters from the floor to ease actuation.
What are the variants of Manual Call Points?
- Push Button type : Actuated by pushing the button. These are mostly used at indoors of an office space, residences etc. and often comes with a protective flip cover to avoid malicious activation.
- Break Glass type : They are triggered by breaking the glass and pushing the inside button, or by just breaking the glass. These can be used indoors at industries, residences etc.
- Explosion Proof type : Mostly found suitable for outdoors or industrial purpose. It is actuated by breaking the glass.
- Weather proof type : Again a suitable variant for outdoors and industrial applications. They are triggered by breaking the glass.