Smoke Detector Testing/Calibration
Smoke sensor is a measuring component and it is prone to losing its sensitivity. Reduction of sensitivity occurs due to various reasons, therefore it is important to have smoke detectors calibrated periodically. We offer testing and calibration services for various brand smoke detector.
The efficiency of the detector is proportional to its sensitivity. Always check for its sensitivity mentioned at manufacturer's technical datasheet prior to choosing the detector.
- Periodically test and calibrate the detectors to ensure sensitivity is maintained.
- Ensure your AMC contractor does this exercise.
- Ensure your detector supplier offers calibration service at your country.
As per NFPA 72 e chapter 220.127.116.11(g)
Any of the following tests shall be performed to ensure that each smoke detector is within its listed and marked sensitivity range.
- Calibrated test method.
- Manufacturer’s calibrated sensitivity test instrument.
- Listed control equipment arranged for the purpose.
- Smoke detector/control unit arrangement whereby the detector causes a signal at the control unit when its sensitivity is outside its listed sensitivity range.
Our calibration service extends following benefits to the user
- To keep the fire detection system healthy.
- Enable user to buy right detector and avoid spurious detector.
- Helps to dispose derated detectors.
Few advantage of high sensitivity detector
- Early detection to smoke caused by fire
- Safety standards increase with higher ranges of sensitivity.
- Increased life span of detector device.