This Call Point used for instant manual actuation of fire alarm system is designed to withstand harsh outdoor conditions. It and can be triggered by breaking the glass with the provided hammer and requires no manual reset.
- Weatherproof enclosure
- Attached hammer for actuation
- No manual reset required
- Low standby current
- Corrosion Protection
- Soft addressing
- Electrical supervision
12mA at 12V
What is a Manual Call Point?
Manual Call Points (MCP) are devices that are used to manually trigger the fire alarm system. It is to be used only after the confirmation of existence of fire in the building. They can also be used at the time of other potential threats such as terrorism, earthquakes etc. to alert the occupants for immediate evacuation.
Where & how should a Manual Call Points be installed?
MCPs should be installed at exit prone areas of the building that include staircases, escape routes, against main doors and corridors.
They should be positioned such that no person travels beyond 12 meters to activate the nearest call point. Or, there should be a maximum gap of 24 meters between two nearest call points.
They should also be mounted at a height of about 1.5 meters from the floor to ease actuation.
What are the variants of Manual Call Points?
- Push Button type : Actuated by pushing the button. These are mostly used at indoors of an office space, residences etc. and often comes with a protective flip cover to avoid malicious activation.
- Break Glass type : They are triggered by breaking the glass and pushing the inside button, or by just breaking the glass. These can be used indoors at industries, residences etc.
- Explosion Proof type : Mostly found suitable for outdoors or industrial purpose. It is actuated by breaking the glass.
- Weather proof type : Again a suitable variant for outdoors and industrial applications. They are triggered by breaking the glass.
others in series
Manual Call Point
Flame Proof Manual Call Point